Thursday, October 01, 2015

2248 : Ugly movie "Papa Song"

You should know this...I hate watching movies. They usually leave me with a bitter taste, almost making me feel that I wasted another 3 hrs of my life.

I usually now catch movies (in the last 8 years) on flights only. No TV no cinema halls.

And this time around I saw Ugly because I like Anurag Kashyap. I liked the movie and almost stretched to say this was an ok 2 hrs that I had lost....and then towards the end the song "Papa" comes along.

The first time I hear it, and I am so bloody hooked. I could spend 20 hrs just to have found the song.

Shilpa Rao has sung it in such a mesmerizing voice.....I want to live to hear her voice a 1000 times. If you can fall in love with a voice so completely it has to be this for me. I dont know her, I have never seen her, and yet I am totally latoo on this voice.

The lyrics by Gaurav Solanki are poetry that I would be glad to write and then immediately die. I could not do any better. The metaphors are so bloody dark, and have such a hook to them....

The music by GV Prakash Kumar is haunting. The song goes on in an infinite loop in your head.

My next post I will try and translate this song....just for old times sake, just like I used to do in the past.

Anurag, Shilpa, Gaurav, GVP - all of you take a real heartfelt bow. This is not just awesome, its awe inspiring. Let the greatness of the song soak you in.

Goes straight into the list of all time favorites. I will listen to this song till I die.

Catch the song at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NdV8_utmSk


Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | DreamyDonkey

No comments: