Monday, January 27, 2014

2117: Zabaan Jale Hain

Folks who know me well, know that I have a very unusual and eclectic taste in music. Like for example, I have always hated Sonu Nigam and KK, both because of their lustreless unreal smooth tasting voice.

By that same token, I have never been a fan of Rahat Fateh Ali Khan as well.

I do like some of his songs, quit a few, but I am not an unabashed fan - like I am that of Neeraj Sreedhar.

But....a big but(t) :-)

I have to say I am totally in love with Rahat's Zabaan Jale Hain from Dedh Ishqiya. Its Gulzar-Vishal at their poetic best. This is very similar to the Kaminey title track for me....just pure magic.

I love the opening lines

Na boloon main to kaleja phoonke

Jo Bol doon to zabaan jale hain

Sulag Na jaave agar sune wo

Jo baat meri zabaan tale hain

If I dont tell her whats in my heart, then (this thing inside) is charring my insides,

If I do tell her, then (this thing) is scathing my tongue....

I hope she does not flare up, when she listens to (what I have to say),

The words which are trapped and supressed under my tongue !!


Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | DreamyDonkey

No comments: