Saturday, June 15, 2013

2022 : Mind space versus physical space

As I walk along this bustling city in pouring rain, I jump across manholes, along a series of parked cars along the road (every inch of the pavement), and the complete absence of a suburban walkway.

For no particular rational reason, I believe that a human being's mind space evolves in line with the physical space he/she perceives around him. Let me explain....to a small infant the crib seemingly is her world, and she does evolve around that. To an adult his/her home is their personal space and so on.....

I have always found the Japanese (especially the ones from Tokyo), very frugal, very economical and very accepting. A person from Bombay is quite similar, just that he is possibly a little rude and crass.

Flip this over from a person from California, who is far more confident that he can grab the earth, who is little more impatient and hence can lead change.

A person from Tokyo can live and survive like Bear Grylls, but a person from California can envelop the world. This is a very high level generalization  and exceptions to this are all over the place. I could stay in a 2 by 7 coffin and still think that's enough space for me to expand.....but in general I feel external space (esp the way it is perceived) impacts the internalization of how we think and interact with the world.

Have you seen life with similar eyes?

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | DreamyDonkey

No comments: