Sunday, April 11, 2010

1088 : Rock Machine (aka Indus Creed’s) Rock n Roll Renegade

I grew up listening to Rock Machine. I used to have both their albums on  tapes. I have always loved the song “Rock n Roll Renegade”. This was way back in mid 80s.

Twenty years later, I land up with this song again…and I heard this song some 20 times today.

Uday (Benegal) sounds young, raw and still perfect. If you don’t know who Uday Benegal is – stop reading this post, or go listen to “Life is Crazy” from Wake Up Sid (One of the finest songs of 2009)

Rock Machine sounded like Motley Crue….and was almost there. Except that they were stuck in India, while Motley Crue ruled the Los Angeles.

Ah….some things you never really tire of. I promised myself, I shall preserve this song, for my son to relish when he can listen and understand this “noise”.

 

you think i'm crazy
but you don't want to see
the reality, cause i'm wrong and you are right
you're not my lady
if you can't believe
that the melody keeps me going through the night

i never meant to give you second position
i never thought you'd react in this way
i thought you'd call my name

but you called me a rock 'n' roll renegade
'cos i've deserted your love for the music
i hope i never get tired, you know i don't wanna lose it.

they say i'm wasted
cause i don't agree
with the elders, see i don't do the 9 to 5

but they can't face it
so they say that i'm the rebellious one trying to destroy
your so called indian way of life
i'm not a victim of you're social constipation
you people don't need a god, you need a laxative

to reach you to your salvation
i'm a rock 'n' roll renegade
and i've abandoned the norm for the music
i hope i never get tired, you know i don't wanna lose it.

i'm a rock 'n' roll renegade
and i've deserted your love for the music
i hope i never get tired, you know i don't wanna lose it.

i'm a rock 'n' roll renegade
and i've deserted your love for the music
i hope i never get tired, you know i don't wanna lose it.

i'm a rock 'n' roll renegade
and i've abandoned the norm for the music
i hope i never get tired, you know i don't wanna lose it.

yeah baby
you can call me a renegade
you can call me a mercenary
i've deserted your love, deserted the norm
but i ain't gonna give it up

rockmachine1 Rock 'N' Roll Renegade - The Second Coming_a tuborg-acoustic-adventures-by-uday-benegal14 rock-machine-second-coming

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | DreamyDonkey

No comments: