Sunday, December 20, 2009

987 : Disconnected and unwired

I have been off newspapers and television for almost 6 months (since June 2009), and guess what, I don’t miss a thing in life.

I supplemented my need for information with magazines, the kind I like and want to read. And really, taking the everyday moving parts out of the equation has made my life far more peaceful and resplendent.

I don’t think I will ever subscribe to a newspaper again, unless I relocate to New York (because then the New York Times will be a fixture at my morning poison sessions).

If you are brave like me, go ahead and try to switch off newspapers and tv for a month at least.

Maybe I can supplement you with some DMB and Floyd, what say?

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | DreamyDonkey

3 comments:

SSV said...

"Trying to determine what is going on in the world by reading newspapers is like trying to tell the time by watching the second hand of a clock." ... wat say on this ??

Amitabh said...

thats a very interesting way to put it :-)

http://abebedorespgondufo.blogs.sapo.pt/ said...

Good.
Portugal